^ Advertisement. Don't like to see ads? Click here to donate and avoid them.^
Advanced Loot System
The Advanced Looting Feature is a system to handle looting items and money. It was announced at 2014 SOE Live and went live on March 25, 2015.
The new loot system is not tied to an expansion. It will be available for everyone.
The loot settings are accessed whenever you kill a creature with loot, from EQ Button > Actions > Advanced Loot, and by typing /advloot in a chat window.
- Adaptive System - Always loot what you want and never show you items you don't want to see. Auto loot and put in inventory.
- Random Rolling
- Master Looter
- Solo, Group & Raids
- Assign master looter in raids
|“||It's a snap to get the drops you want while declining the drops you don't need, without having to search through piles of overlapping corpses, or corpses hidden inside a wall. (Hey, it happens sometimes!) The system also elegantly handles group and raid situations with automated rolling or master looter.||”|
From the test server:
- Advanced Looting is enabled by default. You can enable/disable it using /advloot, clicking on the Edit Filters button, and toggling the Use Advanced Looting check box
- /advloot will open the advanced loot window - it will open on its own when things you kill drop items. You can also bind the window to a key or use the EQ button
- The master looter's setting is what determines whether your group or raid uses advanced looting or classic looting
- The master looter's auto-split coin setting will affect coin distribution within your group or raid
- If you are out of range for a kill or out of the zone/dead. You must right click on the corpse to be able to loot items from it. This is signified by a red lock icon overlay. You can make use of the /hidecorpse listed and /hidecorpse listedunlocked to make it easier to do this.
Master Looter designation - You can see the name of the current master looter in your zone at the bottom of the advanced looting window.
For groups - in order
- Designated master looter group role - right click to assign master looter just as you would assign a new group leader
- Group leader
- First person in the zone in your group
For raids - in order
- Designated master looter raid role using the button in the raid window
- Raid leader
- Group 1 - Group N's designated group master looter
- Group 1 - Group N's leader
- The first person in the zone in your raid
FAQ Using the Advanced Loot System
From EQ forum - Daybreak: Advanced Loot System FAQ:
Q: How do I link all?
A: Insure that “Group by NPCs” is checked and right click on the NPC’s name, select link all. Alternatively, use alt+left click on the NPC’s name.
Q: How do I automatically loot everything?
A: /advloot, click on the “Edit Filters” button, select the “Auto Loot All” checkbox.
Q: What does apply filters do?
A: If you do not want to use your AN/AG/Never selections from your filters temporarily (or ever) you can disable the “Apply Filters” checkbox. This only affects you when an item appears in your Personal List.
Q: Why do some of the items in my “Personal Loot” list have a lock icon? What does this mean?
A: You were out of range, dead or out of the zone when the NPC died and need to right click on the corpse to unlock it. Until it is unlocked, you will not be able to loot items from this corpse even if they are allocated to you by the master looter.
Q: How can I find a corpse that is locked so that I may unlock it and loot my item?
A: Make sure “Group by NPCs” is checked and click on the NPC’s name. This will target the corpse if you are in range. After you right click on the corpse, the locked icon will disappear and you will be free to loot the item.
Q: How do I hide corpses in the advanced loot system?
A: /hidecorpse listed will hide all corpses that are in your personal or shared list, /hidecorpse listedunlocked will hide corpses that you have access to (once without the red lock icon). These settings will persist across zoning and play sessions. Note that a group or raid’s use of the advanced loot system is based solely on the current master looter’s selection.
Q: How do I add an item to my filters?
A: There are multiple ways. You can select AN/AG/Never, or you can drop any item on the cursor onto the Edit Loot Filters window’s list.
Q: How do I make the Advanced Loot window stay visible?
A: /advloot, click on the “Loot Settings” button, and uncheck “Auto Show Loot Window”
Q: How do I import the filter settings from another character?
A: /advloot, click on the “Edit Filters” button, and click the “Merge / Replace Filters” button. The files must exist in your userdata folder. You can either merge their settings into yours, or completely overwrite your settings.
In the userdata folder, look for LF_*
The nice thing about these files is that if you've lost yours, you can get them from someone else and just change the character name. If you didn't change your EQ install folder, they should still be there.
Q: How do I turn off the Advanced Loot System?
A: /advloot, click on “Loot Settings" button, and uncheck “Use Advanced Looting”
For Master Looters
Q: The “Set all to:” button doesn’t seem to change all of the items to the state I wanted?
A: Set all to will only set items that can be changed. Asked items cannot be set to free-grab, free-grab cannot be set to ask. Asks must complete before you can roll on them.
Q: What is the "? / Dice" symbol and what does it do?
A: Every time this item appears in your shared list, it will automatically start an ask with auto roll enabled.
Q: How does AN/AG/Never work for master looters?
A: Just as it does as a player. You will automatically select need or greed or no every time this item appears in the shared list.
Q: How does leave on corpse work?
A: Once all of the items that have been given to players are looted, and everything else is marked as leave on corpse, the corpse will immediately be unlocked to be looted by anyone.
Q: Someone selected ND when they should have selected GD. Do I have to start another ask for them to make their selection?
A: No. Click the manage button. After the ask has completed, the list of player choices will show and you can make changes to their selections as needed before hitting the roll button.
Master Looter Pro-tips
- You can right click on an item to quick set it to free grab mode, leave it on corpse, or give it to a player.
- Make sure that you split up stacks as necessary prior to setting an item as free grab or starting an ask. After starting an action on an item, you will be unable to change the quantity and the quantity slider will disappear.
- Items that have been asked on cannot currently be changed to free grab, and items marked free-grabbed cannot be asked on. You may always give the item to a player on demand regardless of setting.
- You can change an ask’s auto roll state while the ask is in progress.
- Items which you take no action on will auto ask/roll a few minutes prior to the corpse unlocking to everyone.
- You can make corpses instantly unlock to all players, grouped or otherwise, by setting all of the items to leave on corpse. This will not automatically unlock however if an item has been allocated to a player and that player has not yet looted the item.
- The advanced loot window has a new setting, 'Show on new items only'.
- - This will prevent the advanced loot window from popping up if an item drops that is already filtered.
- - This is off by default.
- - The window will always show if something is in your personal loot list.
- - For Master Looter, the window will still pop up unless you have already marked all of the items in the list as auto ask/roll.