Gifts of Steel
Gifts of Steel is a series of quests first released during the EQ 11th Anniversary. They are solo tasks but Daybreak considers a group is needed to accomplish them. They usually return every anniversary.
Gifts of Steel are a number of quests. There are several for different levels of characters. All of them are called Gifts of Steel.
You can do more than one of these and you get to keep each reward. Higher level characters have to shroud down to get the lower level tasks.
There is an 18 hour lockout between the quests.
|“||Find a 'flinger' with a special anniversary quest!
Help an overworked apprentice find the perfect gift for his demanding mentor. Karl Kranigan has mentored many gnome wizards in his long career as a builder of great war machines. Now these apprentices wish to honor him with a gift. Seek out the one that is closest to your own skill level and help them find the ingredients to make their gift.
Level 5 to 15
Fenworth Iceflinger 11th Anniversary Quest Giver 5 Everfrost Peaks
Level 15 to 25
Gnorble Iceflinger 11th Anniversary Quest Giver 15 South Ro
Level 25 to 35
Harte Iceflinger, 11th Anniversary Quest Giver, in Lavastorm Mountains at the Neriak zone line.
- 10 kills in Lavastorm, 1 in Stonebrunt
Reward 14 AC + aug
Level 35 to 45
Istod Iceflinger 11th Anniversary Quest Giver 35 Dawnshroud Peaks
Level 45 to 55
Juston Iceflinger 11th Anniversary Quest Giver 45 Iceclad Ocean
Level 55 to 65
Kert Waterflinger, 11th Anniversary Quest, in the Barren Coast at the Toxx zone line.
- 10 water-soaked ore from Veksar
- 1 blood engorged steel from Bloodfields
Level 60 to 65
Laminth Stoneflinger - Noble's Causeway
- 10 Arcstone Bricks from Arcstone - Dropped by arcstone miner golems. They are around the giant center mountain.
- 1 Gatebreaker's Mallet from Harbinger's Spire - Dropped by "a dragorn gatebreaker". Not every one has a Mallet.
Reward is Eleventh Shard of Turquoise - AC: 22 HEM: 60 Corrupt: 4
Level 70 to 84?
Given by Myrton Lightningflinger in Oceangreen Hills, next to the zone in from The Void.
- For the conjurer's stones, you need the girplan conjurers. 5 pop in the room to the upper right of the room where Girplan Shardtender pops. Repop time is pretty fast. They drop a stone every time.
- For the anvil of hate, you need the blacksmiths who are in the fountain room in Bertox. The anvil drops about 50% of the time.
Reward is the Eleventh Shard of Ruby augmentation: AC 26, HP 70, Mana 70, End 70, Corruption +6. Type 7, 8. Fits all slots except charm, primary, and secondary.
- 10 items from mobs in Lichen Creep.
- 1 item from mob in the Steam Factory.