^ Advertisement. Don't like to see ads? Click here to donate and avoid them.^
- See also: Expansions for the zones in each expansion
|Alphabetical list of zones||Atlas|
|Guide to the Katta Castrum portals||Hardcore Heritage|
|LDoN camps||Load-balanced zones|
|The Bazaar||The Plane of War|
|Zones by expansion|
For a number of years, selected zones have been labeled "Hot Zones". These zones offer an extra experience bonus and bonus augmentations. Every so often the selected zones would change.
Beginning with the April 20, 2016 patch, new hot zones will now rotate randomly every 3 months on the first of January, April, July, and October. There are zones designed for levels 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, and 95.
If you speak with Franklin Teek in the Plane of Knowledge, he will inform you of the current hot zones. Franklin Teek (Allakhazam, Magelo) and Skal Nethull (Allakhazam, Magelo) also offer quests for these zones, which grant extra experience and items.
Keys, flags and zone level requirements
- See also: Keys
Many keyed zones from the Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, Shadows of Luclin, Planes of Power, Gates of Discord, Omens of War, Depths of Darkhollow, and Prophecy of Ro have had their key/flag requirements modified. All players that have obtained the key/flag will still be allowed entry into the zones, as will players that have met minimum level requirements for the zones. The zones and minimum level requirements are as follows:
Required Level 40
- The Howling Stones - Key
- Old Sebilis - Key
Required Level 46
- Skyshrine to Cobalt Scar - Key
Required Level 55
- Plane of Storms - Flag
- Plane of Torment - Flag
- Plane of Valor - Flag
- Crypt of Decay - Flag
- Sleeper's Tomb - Key
- Veeshan's Peak - Key
- Vex Thal - Key
- Locked areas of the Temple of Ssraeshza - Key
Required level 57
- Bastion of Thunder - Flag
- Halls of Honor - Flag
- The Temple of Marr - Flag
- Tower of Solusek Ro - Flag
- Drunder, The Fortress of Zek - Flag
Required Level 60
- Plane of Water - Flag
- Plane of Air - Flag
- Plane of Fire - Flag
- Plane of Earth - Flag
- Ikkinz - Flag
- Uqua - Flag
- Yxtta - Flag
- Kodtaz - Flag
Required Level 62
- Plane of Time - Flag
- Inktuta - Flag
- Qvic - Flag
Required Level 65
- Txevu - Flag
- Tacvi - Raid Instance
Required Level 68
- Anquish - Flag Raid Instance
- Theater of Blood - Flag
Required Level 69
- Riftseekers' Sanctum - Zone Min Level
Required Level 70
- Dreadspire - Key/Flag
- Demiplane of Blood - Key/Flag
Required Level 72
- Deathknell - Flag
From the October 8, 2009 patch message:
- Apparently while performing some end-of-the-summer cleaning, the doors within Howling Stones were left unlocked. It may be some time before a maintenance crew can be sent there again to lock the doors up tight. Use this knowledge as you will.
- In addition, the spells protecting the entrance to Howling Stones have weakened, and adventurers of lesser skill and strength may find its halls now accessible.
Planes of Power
- The Plane of Innovation requires that you be level 46 or higher.
- The Planes of Power flagging guide - Note: This is now mostly obsolete, as being level 62 or higher will get you into almost all of the Planes of Power zones.
The Serpent's Spine
Removed the flag requirements for The Serpent's Spine (TSS) expansion raids to enter the raid zones as long as you are level 74 or higher. The person requesting the raids will still be required to have the proper flags to request the raid. - Patch December 23, 2008.
|“||Zones with key or flag requirements will now unlock themselves automatically when later expansions open (on standard and progression servers). Meldrath's Mansion and Crystallos zones are now unlocked on standard servers.||”|
— Patch Notes for April 13, 2011
Korafax, Lair of the Riders (Kuua) and Discord Tower used to be locked until you completed The Void "E". With each new expansion, older zones are unlocked. They are now unlocked.
According to the schedule announced in the April 13, 2011 patch notes (above), the following expansions should have their locked zones unlocked:
- In April 2013, Underfoot unlocked.
- In April 2014, House of Thule unlocked.
- In April 2015, Veil of Alaris unlocked.
- In April 2016, Rain of Fear should be unlocked.
- In April 2017, Call of the Forsaken should be unlocked.
Access to Lord Seru
When you port in with Arx key, turn left and go up first staircase. When you come to the first lobby at the top of the stairs, bear left (south) and head all the way down the corridor. You come to another lobby. There is a room directly ahead. Open the door and go in. On the left wall is a bookcase. Immediately after the bookcase the wall is fake. Pass through it to a similar room. Exit the room by its door and dead ahead is the clicky-portal to get to the start of the maze.