Most newer quests will place a reward in the Quests > Rewards window (Select a Reward). The Rewards window can be accessed by the EQ button, Quests, Rewards.
A maximum of ten rewards may be saved in the window. Should you have more than ten rewards in the window, you must claim enough to drop to ten or below, or you lose the excess rewards when you zone or camp.
Every time you log in a character, it will show the rewards window if that character has any unclaimed quest rewards.
Most newer quests are placed in the Quest Journal. To bring up the Quest Journal window the default is Alt-Q or you can use the EQ button > Quests > Quest Journal. The maximum number of quests you can have active at once in the Quest Journal appears to be 29 solo quests and one group quest.
- Upgraded Pelts (Improves pelts for tradeskills)
The Planes of Power
Gates of Discord
Omens of War
- Muramite Proving Grounds group trials (raise resistances cap):
Dragons of Norrath
Depths of Darkhollow
- Emperor Draygun (Raid)
- Sendaii, the Hive Queen
- Slipgear's Errands (Reward)
- Explore the Depths
- Chart the Undershore
- Explore Stoneroot Falls
- Brave the Ruins of Illsalin
- Explore The Hive
- The Depths of Darkhollow (Reward)
- Find Fibblebrap in the Creep of Corathus:
- Find Fibblebrap 1: The Mines, Find Fibblebrap 2: Lost Caverns, Find Fibblebrap 3: The Hive, Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach, Find Fibblebrap 5: The Rescue
- Learn the fate of Elder Longshadow in Undershore:
- Freeing an Elder, The Orb of Subversion, A Plea for Help, Trailing Longshadow, Confronting a Traitor
- Survive the Korlach Leviathan Below Stoneroot Falls:
- The Search for Coral, Learning the Power, Discovering the Secret, Taking Control, Korlah, the Deep Leviathan
- Fulfill Jarzarrad's Prophecy in the Ruins of Illsalin:
- Preemptive Strike, Praetorian Guard, The Fall of Illsalin, The Seeker, Into the Shadows
- Rescue the Ecologist of Expedition 328 from the Hive:
- The Lost Notebook, Cavern Botany, The Search for Clues, Rescue Cicero!
- Find Fibblebrap in the Creep of Corathus:
- Transmogrify Fibblebrap Gems - This quest can be used to transfer the experience from one item to another. It will not work on many of the evolving items.
The Serpent's Spine
- Gygun's Last Request, Gygun's Treasure (Reward)
- Charm of Lore - Reward is the Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore.
- Shield of the Otherworld
- Katta Castrum Portal Quests
- Portal Activation: Sanctuary
- Portal Activation: Dangerous Grounds
- Portal Activation: War Torn Portals
- The Buried Sea Progression Quests (Soltaris flagging)
- Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal Hand
Secrets of Faydwer
- Map for the Our Lost Brother quests
- Were-Orc Bone Circum
- Bloodmoon Taxidermy
- Gyrospire Relocation Research
- Dwinn series of nine quests (link is to the first one) - Reward is Purified Flawless Faycite Triad, a 25 purity aug (removable).
- The Invasion of the Defilers - Five quests. Reward is a charm aug: Valthon's Memory Shard.
- Vrald's Lost Brother - Reward is Vrald's Silken Sack, a 12 slot 100% weight reduction bag.
- Baron Yosig's Skeleton - Reward: Baron Yosig's Skeleton, Effect: Illusion Iksar Skeleton (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 2.0)
- Blood of the Fallen quest - Reward: Blood of the Fallen - 22 stage quest.
- Dark Soul Crystal - Reward: Dark Soul Crystal - 22 stage quest.
- Oceangreen Collection Quest (additional link:Oceangreen Collection Quest) - Reward: Bayle's Heraldic Crest
- The Grand Illusion - Reward: Bone Mask of the Ancient Iksar
- Bonus quests. If you tell a Herald in one of the SoD zones, "Special", you may be given a "Bonus" task. This will give you extra chronobines, experience, and faction for completing one of the regular tasks.
These tasks allow you to exchange two raid weapons for a single weapon from the same tier:
- A Tearable Fear - Group mission.
- Find My Brudders - House of Thule zone solo quest.
- Morell's Challenge - Warning: It is EXTREMELY important to remember to do all of Buck's dialogue inside the mission or else the portals won't spawn.
- Welcome to My Nightmare - House of Thule zone progression mission.
- Fear Shard Collection
- Shard's Landing Portal Activation quests
- The Depths of Fear achievement - Completing this achievement will get you a class specific Dreadstone weapon. Combining the Dreadstone weapon with Eye of Fear (from RoF tier 4 raids) will make it a Possessed Dreadstone weapon. See also: EQ Resource: Rain of Fear Tier 4 Weapon Overview.
- Words of the Unspoken - Completing this Shard's Landing quest will get your Alaran language to 100 (if not already there).
- Epic 2.5 (An Epic Augment) - See The Demiplane of Blood raid for the raid to obtain the piece needed.
- An Epic Request - This quest will grant an augmentation that give the appearance of your epic on any weapon you use it on. You can do the quest for each of the epic quests you have completed. Lady Carolline in Felwithe gives out the quests (she sees invisible for those evil races that don't want hassles). In addition, completing this quest allows your character to enter the Arcane Fair zone.
- For limited time only quests, see Annual events.
- Ancient Heroes
- Event Coordinator Baublie Diggs in West Freeport gives out tradeskill trophy quests.
No longer in game
- Breaking the Seal - No longer in game.
- In the Absence of Fear - House of Thule Prelude Events achievement - No longer in game.
Old style quests have a flag that allows or disallows multi-questing.
Approximately 10% of quests are flagged to disallow.
The message you'll see is "You must turn in all quest items at once in order to complete this quest."
LDoN and Heroic scaling
LDoN [Lost Dungeons of Norrath] Adventures used different zone headers, spawns, encounters, NPCs, and loot tables in order to scale. It required a massive amount of design data to implement as all the data was duplicated across each level bracket.
The different leveled versions are 5 levels apart, starting at 20 and ending at 65 (hard). Requesting a hard adventure would give you the next bracket above what the group would normally get and the final 65 (hard) was a special case.
Heroic Adventures use the same NPC files for all levels. A scaling system recalculates their levels, stats, spells, and the rewards so that they are appropriate for the level of the zone. The NPCs will recalculate if the level of the highest level character changes. For example: the highest level character leaving the zone, a higher level character entering the zone, or a character gaining a level. The NPCs can technically scale to any level, though the design side wasn't intended to go below level 65. Also worth noting is that as of a recent update the HAs don't scale any higher than whatever the max level was when the content was introduced.
It's a simple matter to see the Heroic Adventure system in action. Have someone higher level zone into an in-progress HA instance and note how the levels of the NPCs change.