^ Advertisement. Don't like to see ads? Click here to donate and avoid them.^
|(December – January)|
|(March – May)|
|(May – July)|
|(August – September)|
|Stone Cold Summer|
|(October – November)|
|(December – January)|
- For past anniversary schedules, see: Talk:Anniversary
Every year, EverQuest has an Anniversary Celebration to commemorate the March 16, 1999 launch of EQ. It begins in March and has staggered content for several months.
While there are a bunch of events, the important ones are the anniversary quests. The anniversary quests are available only during the celebration each year.
In addition, there are Fabled monsters and Fabled loot that will only be around for a short time.
For 2017, the 18th Anniversary events began on Thursday, March 16 at 12:01am Pacific (USA) Time with the 14th through 18th anniversary quests. Further events go live in April. It will end on Wednesday, May 10 at 11pm Pacific (USA) Time. There is new content for the 18th anniversary.
Daybreak will have a livestream broadcast on Facebook March 16 at 10am Pacific (USA) Time. You can tune in at www.facebook.com/EverQuestLive.
18th anniversary (2017)
For 2017, the 18th Anniversary events begin on Thursday, March 16 at 12:01am Pacific (USA) Time with the 14th through 18th anniversary quests. The 5th through 13th anniversary quests go live on Wednesday, April 12 at 12:01am Pacific (USA) Time. It will end on Wednesday, May 10 at 11pm Pacific (USA) Time. There is new content for the 18th anniversary.
|Date begins||Content (see Quests below for quest links)||Date ends|
|Thursday, March 16||16 Days of 150% (50% bonus) Experience||Friday, March 31|
|Thursday, March 16||14th through 18th anniversary quests, missions, and raids||Wednesday, May 10|
|Wednesday, April 12||5th through 13th anniversary quests, missions, raids, and Fabled mobs||Wednesday, May 10|
For Progression servers, the following anniversary content will be available on the dates listed above:
- All anniversary events from 5th–13th anniversaries, such as fabled, the scavenger hunts, tasks, and raids will be available if Veil of Alaris unlocked on server.
- All Player Designed Missions from the 14th, 15th, 16th, and 18th anniversary will be available if Rain of Fear unlocked on server.
- Plane of War Mission "War Games" from 15th anniversary will be available if Call of the Forsaken unlocked on server.
- Gnome race from the 17th anniversary will be on all servers no restrictions.
- Hate's Fury Raid from the 17th anniversary will be available if The Broken Mirror unlocked on server.
- 18th anniversary content will be available if Empires of Kunark unlocked on server.
|Mechanical Fortune Teller|
|Location||Plane of Knowledge|
You can examine your completed and uncompleted anniversary tasks by using the Achievements window (/ach or Shift-M) under EverQuest > Special.
- Fifth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt - This quest starts in each home city. The reward is one of five varieties of Staff of Endless Adventure (clicky graphics effect) dependent on your character's creation date (e.g., March 2000 and before yields the Nagafen version), with each year casting a different fireworks display to celebrate EverQuest's fifth anniversary.
- Sixth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt - This quest is given by Sarvil Amberstone in the Dreadlands, located near the wizard and druid portals, or by Nilvara Rishal in Firiona Vie at 787.87, -1974.70, 143.10, just outside the elven faction outpost. The reward is Dusty Ceremonial Elixir of Scholarship, an experience potion. This quest can only be done once per character.
- Seventh Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (Dragons) - Reward is Draconic Cane of the Everlasting with clicky graphics effect.
- Seventh Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (Dwarves) - Reward is Coldain Pikestaff of the Steadfast with clicky graphics effect.
- Seventh Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (Giants - Reward is Kromzekian Walking Stick of Allegiance with clicky graphics effect.
- Eighth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt - Reward is Lunar Fungus, a Sporali familiar with water breathing effect.
- Ninth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt - Reward is Brick of Knowledge, a device which can port you to the Plane of Knowledge once every 20 hours.
- See also: Dragons, Dragons, Dragons!.
Tenth Anniversary: Deity Favors - 16 tasks. Upon completing all 16 tasks you receive (in addition to their numerous individual rewards) the title "Favored of the Gods" and Shiny New [Class I] Collapsable Roboboar mount.
Each Deity Favors task offers the reward of Celebratory Fireworks Caster, some platinum, and the choice of one of seven different potions. In addition, you are offered an experience potion (it is believed that repeating a quest will not get you the experience potion again).
Each quest also offers a Fireworks focus. You only get one no matter how many quests you do, but for each quest you do you get the ability to change the focus to the one from the quest by using the effect.
- Gifts of Steel - Solo quest. Reward is an AC augment. If you shroud down you can do it several times for several augments.
- Stealing My Life Back - Group quest. Reward is a chest containing a random item.
- Hunt of the Shards - Solo quest. Reward is Glowing Lena Fete Rune.
- Infiltrating the Guardian - Group quest.
- The Short Circuit - Optional side task in the Mechamatic Guardian anniversary instance for "Infiltrating the Guardian".
- The Mechamatic Guardian - This is not a quest but attacking The Mechamatic Guardian is required to complete Parts is Parts and Maximum Capacity. Note that someone on your server must first do one of the Infiltrating the Guardian quests (above) to spawn the Mechamatic Guardian.
- Parts is Parts and Maximum Capacity - New paired solo quests for 12th Anniversary. The Mechamatic Guardian must brought to 80% HP to complete Parts is Parts and be brought to 10% HP to complete Maximum Capacity.
Sam Napth, a Halfling in the Plane of Knowledge at about -215, -90, -155 (next to the Soulbinder) gives out the quests. Completing all the solo, shared (1-6 players), and group (3-6 players, mercs count) tasks grants you an achievement and the Satchel of the Superstitious.
- A Cat-tastrophe
- Improper Boating Attire
- Lucky 13
- Music For a Weary Soul
- Not For the Rabbit
- Spider's Bite
- The Lady of Elks
- Breaking Mirrors
- Ferocious Feralings - Reward is Sweetcookie's Special Pie. You can also get the title "Feraling Feeder" if you complete an achievement during the quest.
- Responsible Mining
- Rumor Has It
- Step on a Crack
- Huckle Thornleaf is the last remaining member of a covert task force whose sole focus was to gather intelligence on Xorbb's army. Alone in the woods, Huckle is bound by honor to remain at his post, but worries for the safety of his comrades who he believes were captured by Xorbb's minions. Luckily, Huckle has a plan, and it involves you using the guise of an evil eye to infiltrate Xorbb's stronghold and rescue the remaining task force members.
- This is an easy to do solo mission needed to request or zone into Big Gnomes, Big Problems.
- Big Gnomes, Big Problems (requires Ogres at the Gates to be completed to request and zone in)
- Giant skeletons have started attacking the gates of Ak'anon, and threaten to crush the small gnome army defending it. Join the resistance and help them not only stop the giant skeleton invasion, but uncover who's behind it all. Gnomish inventors will aid you in your mission, granting you boons like super-size, a flamethrower, and a top-secret bunny disguise. Best of all, the mission is level-agnostic, allowing characters of any level play through it together without the use of shrouds.
- Piestro was enjoying a day off wandering about the Great Divide, when the designers contacted him and gave him some alarming news: Bristlebane is making a huge stink about how the developers haven't paid him any attention lately, so he kidnapped one of them and stashed them away in the Plane of Mischief.
- The design team has asked Piestro to find some brave adventurers to rescue the captured developer. You will have to play by Bristlebane's rules in his realm, however, and become one of his wacky minions. What tricks does Bristlebane have in store for you and your fellow adventurers? There is only one way to find out; enter the Plane of Mischief and try to keep your wits about you!
- A necromancer by the name of Xmiticzin has obtained a larger piece of a Cazic's shard, and gained control over the artifact vault in Chapterhouse of the Fist. The Harbingers want his shard as part of their mission to revive Cazic Thule. Unfortunately, he has barricaded himself inside the vault and forces anyone trying to reach him to play demented games. In order to reach him, you'll have to get through his games alive.
- Choose to either work with the minions of the First Creation in Convorteum to discover which of his creations has become a traitor, or to overthrow his tyrannical rule! (you can do both, but they share a 6 hour lockout timer)
Each fourteenth anniversary mission (except for Ogres at the Gates) has a reward chest. The items in the chests, according to EQ Resource, are Tier 2 Rain of Fear equivalent gear, as well as an augmentation. Experience is a choice of around 2-3% Regular each or 4-5 AA each.
The augmentations are:
- Blue Stone of Power
- Green Stone of Power
- Red Stone of Power
- White Stone of Power
- Yellow Stone of Power
You can only have one Stone of Power (Lore Group: Stones of Power).
The Plane of War
The Plane of War 15th anniversary group mission is called War Games. You obtain it by speaking to Commander Gorok in the Plane of Tranquility. It is designed for players level 65 and up. It will scale in difficultly and reward based on the level of those in the mission.
The loot chest should contain one of the following items. These items are all Lore Group: Lesser Remnants of War, which means you can only have one of the five.
- Bloodied Brawn Stone
- Chipped Stone of Starfall
- Essence of the Bear Spirit
- Fragment of Purethought
- Rune of the Nimble
There is also an illusion item with AC. This item is intended to be in the chest every time.
- Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem - Note this will be made No Trade and Lore soon. It changes the user into a Gnoll and casts another spell that offers some AC.
If you turn the Totem in to Yaldu Bwor (the Gnoll shroud NPC in Plane of Knowledge), this will unlock five Gnoll Shrouds to use, as you level these shrouds the AC buff on the Totem Clicky will gain in power, at max rank it is 173 ac at level 100. This AC buff stacks with all other AC buffs.
Should you complete the mission with a "high score" you will be granted a bonus title "Dog of War".
SOE teaser info:
- SOE Official Forum Post "The Long-Hidden Plane of War Beckons to You with Eternal Battle"
- SOE Official Forum Post "The Long-Hidden Plane of War Beckons to You with Eternal Battle" (additional post)
|The basic outlines of these missions were designed by players during SOE Live.|
- A Ranger's Tale - A ranger, Fen Sightwell, has arrived in East Karana, chasing a storm dragon. In his encounter with the dragon, he was struck down, and his magical bow was broken and tossed into the wilderness. Sarissa in the Plane of Knowledge hopes that you will be able to retrieve and repair the bow in order to destroy the dragon once and for all.
- Defending Knowledge - Armies from the chaotic planes are attempting to launch an assault on the Plane of Knowledge, by leading assaults through the Plane of Tranquility to the Plane of Knowledge book. Bjerg Sen the Tranquil has sent out a call for adventurers to travel to the Plane of Tranquility to defend the portal. Will you do your part and defend the Plane of Knowledge from those that would seek to conquer it?
- This is a mission for players that are level 75 and higher.
- Reward: Miniature Horn of Unity
- Magically Delicious - Jimothy the Delicious (a walking, talking gingerbread man) is in Plane of Knowledge, looking for someone to create sweets, treats, and a bouquet of flowers in order to help a lovelorn druid attract the affection of her love interest.
- Sprucing Up Shakey - Reebo Leafsway has ventured to the Plane of Knowledge in search of adventurers willing to risk life and limb to fetch some new stuffing for Shakey the Scarecrow. According to rumor, the Miller's farm in West Karana is filled with Ethernere-enchanted dirt that can grow special crops, but it'll take a harvester of the wee'est proportions to till that special soil! It's up to the players to re-create an EverQuest classic harvester and spruce up Shakey.
- What Happens In Neriak... - Sayden G`Noir is looking for help in Nektulos Forest. A diplomatic crisis is brewing in Neriak! Someone has stolen sensitive documents from Ambassador Rylan, and they must be recovered before their contents become public knowledge. Will you return the documents to the Ambassador, or use them for leverage in true Neriak fashion? Sayden G'Noir in Nektulos Forest seeks your help.
- This is a quest for players that are level 75 and higher.
- Reward: Diplomatic Papers
Seven quests have been added for the sixteenth anniversary.
Each of the quests will also give a bonus reward item for completing an extra step.
- Belle of the Ball (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Bonus reward: Metamorph Totem: Speckled Hare.
- Cleansing the Ground (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Bonus reward: Cleansing Rod.
- Dead Dragons (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Bonus reward: Necromantic Dragon Bone.
- Korucust's Royal Pain (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Bonus reward: Sarnak Seneschal Mask.
- Liquid Courage (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Bonus reward: Golden Helm of Rallos Zek trophy.
- Pirates of Timorous Deep (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Bonus reward: Shimmering Black Pearl.
- Pub Crawl (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Bonus reward: Drunkard's Stein.
The seventeenth anniversary adds a drunken gnome race.
|“|| Get a new gnome character, find Tipsy Teena in Ak`anon, and join us for a drunken gnome race of WHATEVER server you play on!
This event starts a few times each day! Server-wide messages will go out prior to each race, so you always have a chance to join if you want.
The reward for being one of the first players to complete the drunken gnome race is YOUR CHOICE of a piece of Tipsy Gnomework Hero’s Forge Ornaments.
In addition, a fabled Legacy of Ykesha group/raid event, Hate’s Fury: Seventeen Pieces of Silver.
The eighteenth anniversary adds three tasks:
- Delving into Frostcrypt (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Given by Sionachie Heartsinger (18th Anniversary Mission) in the Plane of Knowledge. This is a group quest (minimum 1, maximum 6). Upon completion, each character gets experience, 800 platinum pieces and 10 Commemorative Coins.
- Fippy's Further Revenge (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Given by a sloshed gnoll (18th Anniversary Mission) in the Plane of Knowledge. This is a group quest (minimum 1, maximum 6). Upon completion, each character gets experience, 800 platinum pieces, and 10 Commemorative Coins.
- Tsaph's Day Off (Allakhazam, EQ Resource) - Given by High Magister Zueria (18th Anniversary Quest) in the Plane of Knowledge. This is a group quest (minimum 1, maximum 6). Upon completion, each character gets a small amount of experience and 1 Commemorative Coin. Each character completing the task also receives Zueria Slide: Skyfire, which may be clicked to cycle the item through different six items. Each one is exactly the same, except the port location changes. The list of locations is Skyfire, Stonebrunt, Great Divide, North Ro, Nektulos, Dreadlands. If you have an augmentation in any of the slots, it tells you, "You must remove any augments in this item before attempting to convert it."
In addition, there are 'hidden' bonus items from two of the tasks:
- Darkened Corrupted Orb of Living Ice from Delving into Frostcrypt.
- Darkened Blackburrow Trinket from Fippy's Further Revenge. Received by turning in bonus item Qeynosian Scalp Trophy to a gnoll commander in Blackburrow.
- See also: Dragons, Dragons, Dragons!
- Steel Behemoths - The reward is your choice of several items. The raid can be repeated (69 hour lockout) to gain more of the items.
- Main article: The Plane of War > Raid
On May 12, 2014, SOE announced this raid will be permanently added to the game.
Hate’s Fury: Seventeen Pieces of Silver raid:
|“|| Hate's Fury Sails Again
For our 17th Anniversary, we've added a hybrid event to Norrath called “Hate’s Fury: Seventeen Pieces of Silver.” Krasnok's ship, Hate's Fury: The Scorned Maiden, has set sail once again, and this time he's got friends. Sixteen of them, in fact. Each of them will give a reward of Commemorative Coins, and if you defeat all of the crew members, you can unlock the door to Krasnok's cabin and face the Captain (#17!) himself for raid-quality rewards.
|“||Krasnok’s 16 new officers will offer a challenge for groups of level 105 adventurers. Each carries a Commemorative Coin as a reward for defeating them. If you can overpower all of them you will be able to unlock the door to Krasnok's cabin and face the Captain himself! To battle him, however, you will need a raid of level 105 characters. Defeating Captain Krasnok will result in raid-quality rewards.||”|
Dragons, Dragons, Dragons!
Dragons, Dragons, Dragons! is both a group quest and a raid. If you form a raid, you get the raid version. It can appear at various times of the year. It first appeared during the 10th Anniversary.
The reward is two augments. One is Gold Plated Contact Spring Model ____, which fits most slots and the other is Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model ____, which fits in the Charm slot. The model of the Charm aug that you receive depends on the credited time on your account, unlike the other model augs that are based on how far you advance in the quest.
The rewards listed as "Model ____" are rewards where the better you do on the quest, the greater the reward and the higher the model number. For example, Model XX (twenty) is better then Model XIX (nineteen). You can not have two of the same name but of different models. You can destroy them and at any time just request new ones from Distribution Facilitator XCV in the Plane of Knowledge, who will always give you the highest models you are entitled to.
Here are some useful items that may be obtained only during the anniversaries.
Fabled mob drops
- Fabled Ball of Golem Clay - Has Mitigate Melee Damage by 5%, 84925 total, and procs snare.
- Fabled Journeyman's Boots - Obtained as a drop from The Fabled Drelzna. Speed equal to Run5 AA (normal Journeyman's Boots are slower).
- Glowing Lena Fete Rune - Obtained through the Anniversary Solo Task: Hunt of the Shards.
- Hardened Steel Spur - Possible chest loot from twelfth anniversary mission Infiltrating the Guardian.
- Ring of the Ancients - Effect: Shrink - Obtained through the Anniversary Shared Task: Rumor Has It.
- Satchel of the Superstitious - Obtained by completing all the 13th anniversary shared and group tasks.
Nine merchants of "Celebratory Goods" appear in the Plane of Knowledge during anniversary who give away and sell party food, drink, and fireworks, as well as a few unusual items.
Beginning with the fifteenth anniversary quests, completing quests reward you with some Commemorative Coin. Commemorative coins can purchase items from a jubilant merchant (Special Celebratory Goods).
- Bold Blowfish: 5 Commemorative Coins
- Bread of Bravado: 5 Commemorative Coins
- Brilliant Peony: 1 Commemorative Coin
- Celeste Starburst: 1 Commemorative Coin
- Citrine Strobe: 1 Commemorative Coin
- Courageous Casserole: 5 Commemorative Coins
- Fireworks Familiar: 50 Commemorative Coins
- Golden Palm: 1 Commemorative Coin
- Magnificent Merlot: 5 Commemorative Coins
- Resplendent Rucksack: 500 Commemorative Coins
- Salubrious Smoothie: 5 Commemorative Coins
- Satchel of Celebration: 700 Commemorative Coins
- Shadow Prowler Saddle: 1000 Commemorative Coins
- Spirited Stout: 5 Commemorative Coins
- Stalwart Stew: 5 Commemorative Coins
On the seventeenth anniversary, the following goods were added:
- Fearstone Gargoyle Contract: 225 Commemorative Coins
- Metamorph Totem: Crystal Spider: 125 Commemorative Coins
On the eighteenth anniversary, the following goods were added: