Tears of Alaris
Upon completion of The First Pilgrimage you get Very Small Stone Tear.
Here are the tears at each level:
- Very Small Stone Tear
- Small Stone Tear
- Small Resonating Stone Tear
- Small Glowing Stone Tear
- Very Small Clear Stone Tear
- Small Clear Stone Tear
- Small Clear Resonating Stone Tear
- Small Clear Glowing Stone Tear
- Stone Tear
- Echoing Stone Tear
- Resonating Stone Tear
- Glowing Stone Tear
- Heavy Stone Tear
- Heavy Echoing Stone Tear
- Heavy Resonating Stone Tear
- Heavy Glowing Stone Tear
- Darkened Stone Tear
- Darkened Resonating Stone Tear
- Darkened Glowing Stone Tear
- The Tears of Alaris
- Daybreak forum post by Dzarn, EQ Developer, on evolving - Most of this information is listed below. Note that the experience needed per level was changed. The changes are listed in the link below.
- Daybreak forum post by Dzarn, EQ Developer, on evolving - Updated experience needed per level.
- Daybreak forum thread on evolving the Tear
To evolve the tear to the next level requires you to kill Alaran and Undead Alaran NPCs in Veil of Alaris and Rain of Fear zones. You must gain experience from the kill. The tear must be equipped and you must have have Evolution (Inventory > Evolution tab) active.
Experience to evolve
In the July 16, 2013 patch, the amount of experience is was reduced. This chart reflects the new amounts:
- Starts at 1.
Fragment of Legendary Alaran History
In addition to killing Alarans, a great deal of tear experience may be obtained by using Fragment of Legendary Alaran History.
Alaran and Undead Alaran NPCs in Veil of Alaris and Rain of Fear non-raid zones that are at least level 90 have a small percent (1% in VoA and 1.5% in HoF) chance of dropping a Fragment of Legendary Alaran History.
A Fragment of Legendary Alaran History may be obtained by doing an optional step in any of the partisan quests in the Pillars of Alra (except for The First Pilgrimage).
Killing mobs in one pillar makes two factions hate you and two like you. This changes you from dubious to KOS.
You can repair the damage by doing Crisis of Faith which gives positive hits with all four factions. By repeatedly doing Crisis of Faith you should be able to even become ally to all four factions.
- Crisis of Faith (Allakhazam, EQ Resource, Rasper's) - Solo task. Optional step is to finish within 72 minutes.
- The Word of Anriella (Allakhazam, EQ Resource, Rasper's) - Shared task. Optional step is getting hit by a feign death AE three times while fighting Arcane Guardian Solandrielagral.
- The Word of Erion (Allakhazam, EQ Resource, Rasper's) - Shared task. Optional step is killing a Fal'Kaa's Shadowward at the top of the shade pillar.
- The Word of Fal`Kaa (Allakhazam, EQ Resource, Rasper's) - Shared task. Optional step is to avoid aggro returning the book to the light pillar.
- The Word of Melretia (Allakhazam, EQ Resource, Rasper's) - Shared task. Optional step is finishing within 30 minutes.
Fragment experience given
As the tear evolves, it requires more and more experience to advance. However, the fragment gives a straight percentage increase, as shown below, so it is advised that you save them until near the end, so they give you maximum value.
The experience given scales depending on the level of your tear and is now as follows [exp value - approximate % of the tear level you'll get per click]:
- 450 - 10%
- 474 - 25%
- 673 - 25%
- 765 - 20%
- 1086 - 20%
- 1157 - 15%
- 1644 - 15%
- 1557 - 10%
- 2211 - 10%
- 1571 - 5%
- 2232 - 5%
- 3170 - 5%
- 4503 - 5%
- 6397 - 5%
- 9088 - 5%
- 12910 - 5%
- 18340 - 5%
- 26054 - 5%
- 37013 - 5%
Upon fully evolving the tear, you get:
In addition (after zoning once it is fully evolved), there is a button in the description window to convert it back and forth between the above version and a Type 3 augmentation version:
Only the defense skill mod will benefit you if the item is equipped in the ammo slot, but you will get full benefits from the augment version of the item.