|Alternate currency · Anchors · Bags|
|Claim · Collection · Emblems · Evolving|
|Familiars · Familiar Key Ring · Hero's Forge|
|Illusion · Illusion Key Ring · Krono|
|Mercenary equipment · Mounts|
|Mount Key Ring · Ornamentations|
|Overhaste · Player housing · Power Sources|
|Secrets of Faydwer armor|
|Seeds of Destruction armor|
|Swarm pet · Teleportation · Trophies|
|Armor Class · Purity · Type 3 · Type 5|
|Legends of Norrath|
|Oathbound loot cards|
|Debt of the Ratonga loot cards|
|Check each class under Classes in Classes and Races for useful class specific items.|
|Familiars · Familiar Key Ring|
|Pet focus · Pet gear|
|Swarm pet items|
|Check each class under Classes in Classes and Races for class specific pet information.|
Familiars are similar to pets, however they usually cannot be controlled. They normally do not attack. Their primary purpose is to provide a buff, or just to look cool. The Familiar Key Ring was introduced with the Empires of Kunark expansion to help manage them.
With the release of Empires of Kunark, you may now have a pet and a familiar summoned at the same time. The familiar has been removed from the pet window and the command "/pet leave" will no longer function for familiars.
You have the ability to rename your familiars. To bring up the familiar name change window, use the command "/changefamiliar." This will require the new item Potion of Familiar's Amnesia on the marketplace. Familiars will now also have a tag under their name to indicate their owner if their names have been changed.
The slash command "/familiar leave" to tell the familiar to go away. A button to the Familiar tab in the Key Rings window will tell the familiar to leave as well.
Statistic buffs have been split from familiar buffs and dismissing a familiar will now also remove the 'Summon Familiar' buff.
If you own the Familiar Key Ring feature, any illusion spells on summoned pets will persist when you zone.
In game familiars
These familiars may only be obtained in the game by doing quests.
- Direwolf Totem of Battle - Effect: Stoic Wolf Familiar (Casting Time: 10.0) - Increase Hitpoints by 6 per tick, Increase Double Attack by 6%. Obtained by completing the Free the Wolves quest.
- Direwolf Totem of Spirit - Effect: Arcane Wolf Familiar [Casting Time: 10.0) - Increase Mana by 6 per tick, Increase Chance to Dodge by 20%. Obtained by completing the Thinning the Pack quest.
- Emperor Ganak Familiar - Increases the power of your healing and damage spells by 2 to 3%, your maximum health, mana, and endurance by 900, provides a 45 point damage shield, and increases your mana and endurance regeneration by 10 points. Obtained by completing the achievement Paragon of The Ring of Scale.
- Rallosian Battle Figure - Effect: Familiar Battle Ogre (Casting Time: 5.0) - Increase Max Hitpoints by 5 (L1) to 450 (L100), Increase Mana Pool by 5 (L1) to 450 (L100). Obtained by completing a number of quests and combining the rewards.
- Refurbished Puppet - Effect: Familiar Refurbished Puppet - Increase Max Hitpoints by 5 (L1) to 350(L100), Increase Mana Pool by 5 (L1) to 350 (L100). Obtained by doing the The Long Lost Puppet and Puppet Restoration quests.
Legends of Norrath familiars
Some familiars may only be obtained through the Legends of Norrath online card game.
Adoptable pets released so far include cats, large felines, dogs, and birds. Cat in a Bag, Big Cat in a Bag, Dog in a Crate, and Bird in a Cage may be purchased in the Marketplace. Using the item will give you one of several different types, each at random.
They are familiars, not combat pets, and also do not provide any buff.
From the July 6, 2016 patch message:
Lynea the pet collector in the Commonlands will purchase your excess adoptable pets for a unique currency. You can buy a random discontinued pet from her using this currency.
For selling her 10 adoptable pets, you get enough Adoption Coins to purchase one Random Pet in a Box.