|Alternate currency · Anchors · Bags|
|Collection · Emblems · Evolving|
|Familiars · Familiar Key Ring · Hero's Forge|
|Illusion · Illusion Key Ring · Krono|
|Mercenary equipment · Mounts|
|Mount Key Ring · Ornamentations|
|Overhaste · Player housing · Power Sources|
|Secrets of Faydwer armor|
|Seeds of Destruction armor|
|Swarm pet · Teleportation · Trophies|
|Armor Class · Purity · Type 3 · Type 5|
|Legends of Norrath|
|Oathbound loot cards|
|Debt of the Ratonga loot cards|
|Check each class under Classes in Classes and Races for useful class specific items.|
This article is for bags (and chests, etc.) obtained in game. It does not include bags obtained from the Marketplace (bought) or given as rewards for Daybreak customers (pre-ordering expansions, having a reoccurring subscription, etc.).
- 1 UI key commands
- 2 Merchant purchased
- 3 Loot
- 4 Quested
- 5 Tradeskilled
- 6 Bag tokens
UI key commands
- CTRL-left click drops an item into a bag without opening it.
- CTRL-right click swaps the contents of two bags if a bag is on your cursor and you ctrl-right click on another bag.
- When using Ctrl-Left Click to transfer items from one bag to another, or Ctrl-Right Click to swap contents between bags, the item moving process will try to fill or swap as many items as possible. This filling process also applies to type-specific bags such as your bandolier, which will receive appropriate type-specific items from a transferring bag that may contain an assortment of item types.
- There is a bindable key available to toggle all inventory bags open and closed.
- There is a bindable key available to map the "Toggle Bank Bags" (open and close) to a key on your keyboard.
- There are two keyboard shortcuts in the Command section in the Options menu, Open Inventory Bags and Close Inventory Bags. Setting these, then using them will open/close all your general inventory slot bags.
Starting out, the easiest cheapest bags to buy are Deluxe Toolbox. You can buy them in several places but the easiest is from Nelin Signus, Engineer Beri, or Maryalis N`Ryt in the Plane of Knowledge (can use Find Window).
For your bank and bazaar mule, Trader's Satchel works well, but is too heavy for carrying around. They are purchased from Merchant Tekrama (loc 74, -45, 2, center of The Bazaar near the entrance to the hallway that leads up to the trading area port over). in The Bazaar (can use Find Window).
- Caravan Satchel - Mob loot in The Broken Mirror zones.
- Journeyman's Rucksack - Very small chance this can drop off of any House of Thule named mob.
- Scuffed Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack - Veil of Alaris raid chest loot and very small chance this can drop off of any House of Thule and Veil of Alaris named mob.
- Simple Chest of Construction - Mob and chest loot.
- Toneless-Hollowed Drum - Mob and chest loot.
- Featherweight Satchel of the Courier - Obtained by completing the Courier of Favor quest.
- Santug's Stocking - May be obtained only during the Frostfell celebration.
- Satchel of the Superstitious - Obtained by completing all the thirteenth anniversary quests.
- Vrald's Silken Sack - Obtained by completing the Vrald's Lost Brother quest.
Bags may be made using tradeskills.
Unexpanded and Expanding Tailored
For the "Tailored" NO TRADE bags, first the tradeskiller creates a Unexpanded Bag. This is tradeable.
The Unexpanded Tailored bags may be made in different styles by using different patterns. The only difference is in appearance. The styles are: Backpack, Bag, Belt Pouch, Haversack, Rucksack, Sack, Satchel, Tool Belt.
To expand unexpanded bags each character needs to buy and scribe a book. This needs to be done only once per character per book. Once you have done it once the recipes are permanently added to your character.
In addition you will use either either Abu-Kar's Arcane Solution or Inverse Arcane Solution. The solutions may be purchased from Garik Nogflop in Sunrise Hills. Combine the unexpanded bag in a loom or sewing kit to made the expanded version. The combine is NO FAIL. Doing this will permanently bind this container to them, making it NO TRADE.
Using the Abu-Kar's Arcane Solution will create a lightweight bag with 100% weight reduction. Using the Inverse Arcane Solution will create a very heavy bag with no weight reduction, suitable only for banking.
"Tailored" bags may be dyed various colors.
To do so, first purchase The Articles on Holding from Garik Nogflop in Sunrise Hills (housing zone). He is found in the first building as you enter from the Guild Lobby. Right click on The Articles on Holding to open it. Then click the Scribe button. Once you have scribed it, you have permanently added the dye recipes to your character's known recipes.
Once you have scribed The Articles on Holding, you can go to any loom (or sewing kit) to view the recipes. Click the loom to open it and enter the color to search for in the Partial Name box. Click the Search Recipes button, and in the Known Matching Recipes box all bag recipes with that color will appear.
Click on one of the recipes and in the ingredients box to the right will appear what you need to create it. Obtain those items, place them in the loom, click Combine and you will have a colored bag!
The combine is NO FAIL. The colors you can use are: Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow.
Tailored Legendary (14 slot)
They are (once expanded) 14 slot bags that can hold GIANT sized items.
The standard unexpanded bags are created by combining (530 Trivial): A Tailored Bag Pattern, Dream Dust(3), Fantastic Animal Pelt, Fantastic Silk(2), Reinforced Filament in a Deluxe Sewing Kit, Loom, Tanaan Loom, or Collapsible Sewing Kit.
You need to read Garik's Secrets of Bag Expansion to be able to expand them.
Tailored Supreme (16 slot)
Tailored Supreme bags were introduced with the Rain of Fear expansion. They are (once expanded) 16 slot bags that can hold GIANT sized items.
To create the Unexpanded versions requires (trivial between 519 and 530):
Anyone without any skill can expand the bags. You will have to scribe "Extradimensional Luggage: A Guide" brought from NPC Craftkeeper Bobus Tindlefoot in Shard's Landing to expand the bags to 16 slots.
Tailored Flawless (18 slot)
Tailored Flawless bags were introduced with the Rain of Fear expansion. They are (once expanded) 18 slot bags that can hold GIANT sized items.
To create the Unexpanded versions requires (trivial between 519 and 530):
Anyone without any skill can expand the bags. You will have to scribe "Extradimensional Luggage: A Guide" brought from NPC Craftkeeper Bobus Tindlefoot in Shard's Landing to expand the bags to 18 slots.
Tailored Transcendent (20 slot)
Tailored Transcendent bags were introduced with the Call of the Forsaken expansion. They are (once expanded) 20 slot bags that can hold GIANT sized items.
To create the Unexpanded versions requires (trivial 530):
Anyone without any skill can expand the bags. You will have to scribe Guide to Transcendent Bags brought from Scribe Zikett in Plane of Knowledge to expand the bags to 20 slots.
Extraplanar Trade Satchel (32 slot, tradeskill items only)
Extraplanar Trade Satchels are created by combining: : A Tailored Pack Pattern, Extraplanar Silk, Fantastic Animal Pelt, Reinforced Filament in a Deluxe Sewing Kit, Large Sewing Kit, Loom, Planar Sewing Kit, Tanaan Loom, Collapsible Sewing Kit, Loom (Placeable) or Guild Loom.
The combine is no fail but you must have a Tailoring skill of 300 to create them.
Tradeskill trophy bags
Each trophy can make temporary bags. In addition, if you turn in a temporary bag to Jolum (loc 153, -425) in The Bazaar, he will give you a token. Place the token in the proper tradeskill combiner for that skill (forge, loom, brew barrel, etc.), hit combine, and it will make a permanent no trade lore bag.
A new tradeskill trophy carry-all is available for the highest tradeskill trophies. You can either trade in the temporary bag to Jolum as with the others, or simply use the temporary bag in place of the essence in an appropriate tradeskill container.
Maxed tradeskill trophies also produce a 24 slot tradeskill component bag in addition to the 12 slot general carry-all.
In the past, you could convert an empty bag into a bag token. An NPC would then convert it back to a bag upon request. This would allow you to place the token into a bag. With the ability to now place empty bags inside of bags, this is no longer an option. If you have a legacy bag token it is now a convertible item. Click the convert button to turn it into a bag. This is a one-way conversion.