^ Advertisement. Don't like to see ads? Click here to donate and avoid them.^
The Broken Mirror
The Broken Mirror (TBM) is EverQuest's 22nd expansion. It launched on November 18, 2015 with beta testing having begun on October 21. Purchase of either the Standard, Collector's, or Premium edition is required to access TBM.
The Broken Mirror comes in three editions, Standard, Collector's, and Premium.
Most items are only one per account. Some items are not available on Time Locked Progression servers.
All Access members should receive a 10% discount on purchasing any of these expansions.
The Standard Edition of The Broken Mirror is available for $34.99. It will include (in addition to access to The Broken Mirror):
- Access to all previous expansion content (Standard Edition)
- The Broken Mirror Beta Access
- Illusion Key Ring (10 slots)
The Collector’s Edition of The Broken Mirror will be available for $89.99. It includes all of the items from the Standard Edition, plus the following:
- 10 additional Illusion Key Ring slots on one character
- Shroud of Relife - This is an illusion which grants benefits in The Broken Mirror expansion.
- Satchel of Shattered Eternities - 40 slot bag (not available on Time Locked Progression servers).
- Touchstone of Health - Claimable on one character. Personal teleport to Plane of Health.
- Cynosure of Health - Real estate item for house or guild hall for teleportation to Plane of Health.
- Contract of the Chosen - Mercenary that grants benefits in The Broken Mirror" expansion.
- Reflections of Life in Decay painting
|“||[Shroud of Relife and Contract of the Chosen benefits are] Hard to describe. They will reduce some penalties that some of the zones deliver. You'll get less diseased in such places with the shroud, and the merc will help you deal with pesky things that regenerate a lot. It's sort of a leg up thing.||”|
The Premium Edition of The Broken Mirror will be available for $139.99. It includes all of the items from the Standard and Collector's Editions, plus the following:
- Three 10-slot tokens for Illusion Key rings. You can give these tokens to any of your characters on the same account to give them extra slots.
- Pridewing Lion Mount - Usable at level 1 with benefits which scale up to 1100 HP, +12 mana regen, +900 to maximum endurance and mana, and more than 100 AC at level 105.
- Level Scaling Raids – Instanced versions of Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear that scale for level 75-105 raids.
- 7 Expansion Zones – 4 completely new zones and 3 revamped zones.
- Illusion Key Ring – Access your illusions in one easy location!
- New Quests, Heroic Adventures, Missions, and Additional Raids
- New Spells and AAs
Gives out Plane of Fear: Revisited and Plane of Hate: Revisited missions / raids
|Type||Mission / Raid giver|
|Location||Plane of Tranquility|
- Crypt of Decay (Ruins of Lxanvom)
- Crypt of Sul
- Plane of Fear: Revisited - Instanced mission / raid zone.
- Plane of Hate: Revisited - Instanced mission / raid zone.
- Plane of Health - This is the entry zone. Accessed from Plane of Tranquility.
- Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay - Both Sul Vius zones are mirror images of each other.
- Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life - Both Sul Vius zones are mirror images of each other.
Getting to TBM
- Plane of Tranquility will take you to Plane of Health.
- Amalissa Dawntender in the Plane of Tranquility will give you the mission / raid to Plane of Fear: Revisited. Zone in is in Plane of Tranquility.
- Amalissa Dawntender in the Plane of Tranquility will give you the mission / raid to Plane of Hate: Revisited. Zone in is in Plane of Tranquility.
- Druid teleport spells are not known at this time.
- Wizard teleport spells are not known at this time.
- Purchasing the Collector's or Premium editions will get you Touchstone of Health, which is claimable on one character and is a personal teleport to Plane of Health.
- Purchasing the Collector's or Premium editions will get you Cynosure of Health, a real estate item for house or guild hall for teleportation to Plane of Health.
Zone connections map
- Plane of Fear: Revisited - Accessed from the Plane of Tranquility.
- Plane of Hate: Revisited - Accessed from the Plane of Tranquility.
- The Crypt of Decay is also known as Ruins of Lxanvom.
Possession of Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul will permit you to zone back and forth between Decay and Life demiplanes. If you have completed the Mercenary and Progression tasks in every TBM zone, you can use the mirror from Plane of Health to enter Decay and Life. This item is gained from the quest Into the Temple (b) in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life.
Characters cannot bind anywhere in The Broken Mirror. The closest place you can bind is in the Plane of Tranquility.
The Crypt of Decay (Ruins of Lxanvom), Crypt of Sul, and Plane of Health zones give every character in the zone a detrimental effect. The effect happens when you enter the zone and remains as long as you are in the zone.
- In the Crypt of Decay (Ruins of Lxanvom), "Decay" will appear in your song window. This reduces your maximum HP and maximum mana to 80% of normal.
- In the Crypt of Sul, "Blight of Sul" will appear in your song window. This reduces your maximum HP and maximum mana to 80% of normal.
- In the Plane of Health, "Exuberant Health" will appear in your song window. This weakens incoming healing by 20%.
These effects can be reduced or removed by completing quests in the zones. See this thread on the Daybreak forum for more information.
Completing them will grant you Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul which is the key to enter those zones.
You must then do the following quests six times each and click the collectible from the quest reward:
- Lxavnom Labors - Given by Karth Punox in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay
- In Defense of Health - Given by Kerath Punox in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life
- Fate Rewards the Bold - Given by Tarl Punox in the Plane of Health
- We Make Our Own Rewards - Given by Tarl Punox in the Plane of Health
Completing all the zones quests, Heroic Adventures, and missions allows you request tier 1 raids.
(Credit: EQ Resource)
Crypt of Decay / Sul zone debuffs
The Crypt of Decay and Crypt of Sul have a zone-wide effect which reduces your hit points and mana. The Lesser Spirit Armor achievement is supposed to mitigate this. However, it does not.
To mitigate it, you must complete all partisan, mercenary, and hero tasks. Alternately, you can spend extra money and purchase the Collector's or Premium Editions which grant items to mitigate it.
In addition to the regular raids (below in Raid progression in The Broken Mirror), there are level scaling raids in instanced versions of Plane of Fear and Plane of Hate. The instances are obtained from Amalissa Dawntender in the Plane of Tranquility, in the same building with the Plane of Knowledge book. The zone ins to the instances is also in the Plane of Tranquility.
Cazic, Dracoliche are full-blown 54-man raids. Fright, Dread, and Terror are simpler raids similar to what I did with the NToV dragons.
|“||The Plane of Fear [and Plane of Hate] raid zone has been set up to work in a unique way. The zone's population is divided into groups. Each of those groups has its own lockout. If you kill any NPC in that group, the lockout for that group will be set. Basically, you will be able to kill each NPC once. The fights were amped up and should be a challenge to all but the toughest raid groups.||”|
— Absor, EQ Developer
|Plane of Fear: Revisited Raid Named||Plane of Hate: Revisited Raid Named|
Rank I are purchased from Warlowe Rida (Spells) next to Quellious in the Plane of Tranquility. She can be found using the Find window (Ctrl-F).
Among the other, more normal, spells, each class gets a progressive "Dichotomic" spell or discipline with six ranks that levels as you complete TBM progression. This spell is touted as a powerful spell / discipline customized for each class.
They are purchased from Warlowe Rida (Spells) next to Quellious in the Plane of Tranquility. She can be found using the Find window (Ctrl-F).
The Dichotomic spell is not scribed in your spellbook in the normal fashion, instead right click the scroll you buy from her.
Rank II spell essences drop from any random mob, more often from named mobs. Right clicking on the essence will pop-up a reward window, no need to turn them in.
- Minor Essence of Life - Level 101
- Lesser Essence of Life - Level 102
- Median Essence of Life - Level 103
- Greater Essence of Life - Level 104
- Glowing Essence of Life - Level 105
Rank III spell essences are gotten from raid chests. Right clicking on the essence will pop-up a reward window, no need to turn them in.
- Minor Essence of Decay - Level 101
- Lesser Essence of Decay - Level 102
- Median Essence of Decay - Level 103
- Greater Essence of Decay - Level 104
- Glowing Essence of Decay - Level 105
- See: Getting to TBM
There are 3 tiers of group gear and 1 tier of raid gear.
The armor system has changed from the past few expansions. Tier 3 group armor templates drop from named mobs. Raid armor templates come from raid chests.
There is no combination box. Right clicking the template will give you the armor piece for your class.
- Tier 1 dropped item is " <slot name>". It makes " <slot name> of <class specific name>"
- Tier 2 dropped item is " <slot name>". It makes " <slot name> of <class specific name>"
- Tier 3 dropped item is "Raw Crypt-Hunter's <slot name>". It makes "Crypt-Hunter's <class specific name> <slot name>"
- Dropped item is "Raw Deathseeker's <slot name>" It makes " <slot name> of <class specific name>"
TBM introduces two new alternate currency types.
- Remnant of Tranquility - This currency is earned by completing TBM quests and Heroic Adventures. It is used to purchase group gear and augmentations.
- Items are purchased from merchants in the Plane of Tranquility and the Plane of Health
- These merchants are next to Quellious in the Plane of Tranquility:
- These merchants are near the center of the Plane of Health:
- Shirlell Isnamgam (Weapon and Heroic Augmentations)
- Kamiowe Ordup (Group Armor - Planes) - Faction obtained by killing in the Plane of Fear: Revisited and Plane of Hate: Revisited is needed to purchase these items. The faction is called "Enemies of Tranquility" and the worse it is, the more items appear.
- Montelio Danhowe (Armor Augmentations) [Type 5 and 9 augs] - Allakhazam, Magelo
- Bifurcated Coin - This currency is earned from completing raids. You can use it to purchase gear from Nelirid Wittma (Raid Outfitter) [Allakhazam, Magelo], next to Quellious in the Plane of Tranquility, and from Lyppsenfon Qeyton (Raid Outfitter) [Allakhazam, Magelo], near the center of the Plane of Health.
The Lost Art of Working With Wither and Decay is purchased from a rare merchant, Seller of Salvaged Souls, in the city center of Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay. The Seller of Salvaged Souls is an undead froglok that spawns in place of one of the merchants in the half circle of tents in the middle of the city.
Some have mentioned that Seller of Salvaged Souls can also spawn in the instanced versions of Decay, however it has also been mentioned that the instanced version of the Seller does not sell anything.
|“|| A goddess wakes and gazes into a looking glass. The reflection of her true nature fractures and breaks. Even as the looking glass shatters and the world around her dissolves, Anashti Sul only looks deeper still into the fragments as they drift away. When her fractured mind glimpses her surroundings, she discovers that she is adrift in an unknown time and place where gods and goddesses maintain direct influence over Norrath. A hunger for power wells within her, having passed many an age with no power at all and an upstart sitting in her place. With a whole new realm before her, she resolves to rule again!
Anashti Sul's passage through a rift into this reality caused her to split into the two most dominant aspects of herself - life and decay. Fully aware of each aspect, she knows that both must command a plane of power lest she weaken entirely and crumble into the nothingness of The Void. And so she crafts a plot to infect the planes of Norrath with a war that threatens to collapse the balance of all life! Are you brave enough to face the might of a goddess who is ravenous to rule? Will you prevent the chaos she would unleash in all of Norrath?
At about 21:03 of the full live stream video, this briefly flashes on the screen (warning: spoilers):
Quellious has heard of a new goddess, one suddenly allied to her friend Rodcet Nife
- - The presence of this new goddess and her relationship to Rodcet harms Quellious' calm
Characters will learn that Anashti Sul's realm has two faces, the Demiplane of Life and the Demiplane of Decay
- - It is attached to anchors in both the Plane of Disease and the Plane of Health
- - Anashti Sul has Alled herself with both Bertoxxulous and Rodcet Nife
Her worshipers in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life believe that their unwavering faith in Anasthi Sul earns them a second venerated and immortal life
Her worshipers in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay believe that it is only after death that one can properly serve Anasthi Sul. All the dead serve her, and faith has nothing to do with it
Players will meet the mayors of Sul Vius and learn about their philosophies and concerns
- - And of course they will learn that there is more to this new goddess than is apparent
Things they learn
Anasthi Sul was torn apart when Lendiniara broke the fabric between universes
- - A version of the goddess found herself in our realm, changed
- - She now has two aspects, Life and Decay
Her arrival caused an unusual demiplane to be formed called Sul Vius
- - It exists in two forms, representing the dual nature of their goddess
Yes, this year's pre-order is a little different. If you pre-order The Broken Mirror you'll get the previous expansions content immediately. Note you'll also be charged immediately for the pre-order.
Those who pre-order will receive a bonus: Shroud of the Bokon. This is an illusion item. You only get one per account.