|Alternate currency · Anchors · Claim|
|Collection · Emblems · Evolving|
|Familiars · Hero's Forge · Illusion|
|Krono · Mercenary equipment|
|Mounts · Ornamentations · Overhaste|
|Potions · Power Sources|
|Swarm pet · Teleportation · Trophies|
|Armor Class · Purity|
|Type 3 · Type 5 · Type 4/7/8 · Type 18/19|
|Familiar · Illusion · Mount · Teleport Item|
|Bags · Dragon's Hoard|
|Player housing · Tradeskill Depot|
|Legends of Norrath|
|Oathbound loot cards|
|Debt of the Ratonga loot cards|
|Check each class under Classes in Classes and Races for useful class specific items.|
Augmentations are items you can add to existing items to improve them. Most items have a "Slot" in them where you can place an augmentation. Some items have more then one slot.
- Allakhazam: The Burning Lands Augments (includes Type 18 and Type 19)
- EQ Resource: Augmentations
- Rasper's Repository: All Augments in Seeds of Destruction, Underfoot, House of Thule, and Veil of Alaris - Sorted by type.
As of the patch of August 15, 2012, Augmentation Sealers are no longer needed. Augments can now be directly swapped in a piece of armor by clicking on an inserted augment with another augment on your cursor. Distiller requirements still apply.
Augmentation types[edit | edit source]
- Type 1 (General: Single Stat) - An aug that only has single stats on it (all agi, or all mana, or all ac ect..)
- Type 2 (General: Multiple Stat) - Lost Dungeons of Norrath (LDoN) general multi-stats
- Type 3 (General: Spell Effect) - LDoN aug that has only focus effects or melee effects on it; or introduced with SoF are the augs that give a bonus to spells.
- Type 4 (Weapon: General) - This slot is only found on weapons. Drop off of mobs and purchased with alternate currency.
- Type 5 (General: Multiple Stat) - Type 5 (Weapon: Elem Damage) were originally augs that only fit into LDoN weapons. With the release of The Broken Mirror, newer Type 5 (General: Multiple Stat) augmentations were created that fit into newer gear.
- Type 6 (Weapon: Base Damage) - These are augs that only fit into LDoN weapons.
- Type 7 (General: Group) - These are the most common augs. Gotten from groupable mobs, quests or purchased with alternate currency.
- Type 8 (General: Raid) - These are the most common augs. Gotten from raid mobs, quests or purchased with alternate currency.
- Type 9 (General: Dragons Points) - These Augs are only buyable from DoN merchants and only fit on DoN merchant gear.
- Type 10 (Crafted: Common) - Created by players.
- Type 11 (Crafted: Group) - Augs that are crafted from groupable mob drops.
- Type 12 (Crafted: Raid) - Augs that are crafted from raid mob drops.
- Type 13 (Energeiac: Group) - Group level purity augs for Energeiac type armor. Purchased in The Buried Sea with alternate currency (orux) from Trader Vallarines in Katta Castrum (seems to require ally faction to purchase).
- Type 14 (Energeiac: Raid) - Raid level purity augs for Energeiac type armor. Purchased in The Buried Sea with alternate currency.
- Type 15: (Emblem) - Augs from merchants in SoF, and the Heralds in SoD, the slot only exists in BPs right now. You need good faction to purchase them. You can also buy them through various means in every expansion since SoF.
- Type 16 - Underfoot and later expansions group cultural.
- Type 17 - Underfoot and later expansions raid cultural.
- Type 18 (Special: Group) - For evolving items in The Burning Lands, Torment of Velious, Claws of Veeshan, and Night of Shadows.
- Type 19 (Special: Raid) - For evolving items in The Burning Lands, Torment of Velious, Claws of Veeshan, and Night of Shadows.
- Type 20 - Ornaments.
- Type 21 (Special Ornamentation) - Hero's Forge armor ornamentation
- Type 22 (Luck) - Introduced with The Burning Lands. Only Charm items have this type of slot.
Adding and Removing augmentations[edit | edit source]
Several vendors sell Augmentation Solvents and/or Augmentation Distillers. Solvents destroy the augmentation and Distillers will safely remove them.
All augmentations can be added to or removed from items directly from the item window. You will need to have augmentation distillers or solvents in your inventory to remove those augments that require them. Swapping augments does not require a specific solvent and instead the game looks for a solvent of equal or higher level, like removing an augment.
- To add an augment to a piece of equipment, pick up the augment on your cursor and click on the desired augment slot.
- To remove an augment from a piece of equipment, left click on it. If the augment requires a solvent to remove, it will ask you for confirmation before removing it.
- To destroy a non-removable augment that is in a piece of equipment, right click on the augment and select the Destroy option.
Some augmentations may not be safely removed, only destroyed. However, the Perfected Augmentation Distiller (see below) now in the game may enable you to safely remove any augmentation.
Perfected Augmentation Distiller[edit | edit source]
Alerynril the Loyal in the Plane of Knowledge (near the Crescent Reach stone) sells Perfected Augmentation Distillers for 432 crowns (loyalty tokens). These are reported to allow you to safely remove any augmentation, including those that state they can only be destroyed.
The Perfected Augmentation Distiller may only be used to remove one augmentation. You must purchase another to remove another augmentation.
She does not offer them to some people unless they uncheck the "Show only items I can use" box.
Hidden augmentation issues[edit | edit source]
Some items create hidden augmentations. You may get a message when trying to sell back gear to NPC vendors, "This item contains an augment that I can't accept." This can also happen when trying to make a combine (e.g. upgrade visible armor). To resolve it, equip the piece, remove your power source, then unequip the piece.
Charm augmentations[edit | edit source]
These are some augmentations will go in a Charm item.
- Adventurer's Stone
- Heroic Jewel of the Self
- Slipgear's Gem
- Valthon's Memory Shard
- Wanderlust Guild Loadstone
Luck[edit | edit source]
These Charm item augmentations add Luck. They start at minimum luck and the luck can be increased by fusing them with another of the same item.
- Fate's Accumulator - Random rare drop off trash in The Burning Lands raid instances. Minimum luck 1, maximum 10.
- Frozen Fate - Random rare drop off trash in Torment of Velious raid instances. Minimum luck 11, maximum 20.
- Hardened Destiny - Random rare drop off trash in Claws of Veeshan raid instances. Minimum luck 21, maximum 30.
- Shadowed Fortune - Random rare drop off trash in Terror of Luclin raid instances. Minimum luck 31, maximum 40.
- Spectral Stone of Fate - Random rare drop off trash in Night of Shadows raid instances. Minimum luck 41, maximum 50.
Range augmentations[edit | edit source]
These are some augmentations that fit in Range items.
Charm/Range augmentations[edit | edit source]
These are some type 7/8 augmentations that fit in both Charm and Range items.
- Extruded Black Pearl
- Petrified Drachnid Egg
- Shimmering Black Pearl
- Stone of the Landing
- Velium Empowered Gem of Freezing
- Velium Empowered Gem of Soothing
- Velium Empowered Gem of Striking
- Velium Infused Gem of Security
Hate augmentations[edit | edit source]
These augmentations increase the hate (aggro) upon the player.
Arcane specialization augmentations[edit | edit source]
These augmentations improve your Arcane specialization.
- Abjuration Stone of Focus
- Anomalous Rock of Alteration
- Bixie Summoner's Stone
- Guardian Ornament
- Relic of Foresight
- Ritualist's Divination Gem
- Splinter of Potency
- Stone Guardian's Conjuration Shard
- Tome of Manipulation
- Tweyne's Stone of Evocation
Lore Group[edit | edit source]
Some augmentations are part of a Lore Group. A Lore Group consists of two or more augmentations that only allow you to have one of the group. If you have one of the Lore Group, you are not able to get another member of the group and an attempt to loot another of the lore group will give you the message you already have the augmentation, even though you might not have that exact one but one that is in the same lore group.
Augmentation Sealer[edit | edit source]
They are scattered in various areas of Norrath and look like a bird bath. They no longer serve any purpose but this section is left for historical reasons.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The Guild Lobby
- Guild Hall
- Every LDoN camp
- The Bazaar
- Aboard the Queen of Thorns in the Abysmal Sea, north of the Magus at the top of the stairs.