|Tips and Guides|
|Beginning players' guide|
|Intermediate players' guide|
|Advanced players' guide|
|Graphics and performance settings guide|
|Advanced Loot System|
|Armor Class · Binding|
|Critical hits · Developers|
|Fellowships · Game rules|
|Game servers · Gods · Haste|
|Heroic Characters · Keys|
|Languages · Lore · Luck|
|Mercenaries · Movement rate|
|Overhaste · Pets · Pulling|
|Skill Modifiers and Combat Effects|
|SPA list · Spirit Shrouds|
|Traveling · Tribute|
|Utilities · Veteran Rewards|
|Check each class under Classes in Classes and Races for useful class specific information.|
Luck is a stat added to some items. Introduced with The Burning Lands expansion, luck will give you random boosts to Block, Dodge, Parry, Riposte, Melee Crit, Direct Damage Spell Crit, Damage Over Time Spell Crit, Direct Heal Spell Crit, Heal Over Time Spell Crit, Alchemy Success, Bandage, Disarm, Disarm Traps, Forage, Pick Locks, Steal, Fishing, Sense Trap, Begging, Intimidate, Taunt, and Coin.
When you loot an item in The Burning Lands and later expansions, the amount of luck it can have varies. You can increase the amount of luck an item has by getting another of the same item and combining them (Fuse Item). This will give the new item the luck of the highest of the two, plus one luck point.
Old Man Thorren says, 'The Luck stat is new for The Burning Lands! Luck increases your chances of avoiding an incoming attack, chances of crits, tradeskill success rate, coin looted, and more. The amount of Luck on a given item CAN VARY. Two of the same item can be fused together using Crystallized Luck to increase that item's Luck value, up to the item's maximum Luck.
When Luck helps you, it will tell you a lucky occurrence has happened.
The split [of coins off of mobs] is done first, thus everyone gets their normal "deserved" share. Then, as each person gets their split, each person gets their own [Luck] roll and magical coin is created from thin air if they win their roll.
For the crits. Luck is rolled if you make a crit... so it "converts" a normal crit to a lucky crit. It's not an additional chance to crit.
To quote the internal documentation "Add to the damage of crits" So it makes crits you get better (randomly)
The threshold [total luck needed on character] for lucky Forage is 20 (with another boost at 50)
Fuse (combine) items
To fuse two luck items together requires both items be identical (except for the amount of luck). It also requires one Crystallized Luck.
- See also Alternate currency
Crystallized Luck may be obtained from:
- a mysterious presence (Overseer Merchant) in the Plane of Knowledge for 56,150 Overseer Tetradrachms.
- Alerynril the Loyal (Loyalists of Everquest) in the Plane of Knowledge for 250 Crowns.
- Marketplace for 200 Daybreak Cash
- Noble vendors for 200,000 Platinum
- - Luck can be found on new items and the amount of luck you have will influence the outcome of many skills, abilities, and spells. You can see the luck on items by inspecting them. Items with a percentage symbol next to their luck total can have their luck increased via item fusion (hover over the percentage for more information).
- - Many items with luck can utilize the Item Fusion Window to improve that item's luck stat. At the cost of one Crystallized Luck, this window allows you to fuse two items together (the base item and the component) to increase the luck on the base item. Fusing two items will result in the luck on the base item being increased and the component item will be destroyed. After fusing two items together, the base item will receive the higher luck of the two, plus one. For example, fusing a base item with 2 luck and a component at 4 luck will result in the base item having 5 luck.
- - Crystallized Luck can be purchased from Noble Exchange Merchants for platinum, from Loyalty Vendors, or from the Marketplace.
Luck will give you random boosts to: Block, Dodge, Parry, Riposte, Melee Crit, Direct Damage Spell Crit, Damage Over Time Spell Crit, Direct Heal Spell Crit, Heal Over Time Spell Crit, Alchemy Success, Bandage, Disarm, Disarm Traps, Forage, Pick Locks, Steal, Fishing, Sense Trap, Begging, Intimidate, Taunt, and Coin.
NOTE: there are thresholds, and not all of these will gain boosts at the lowest threshold, BUT all will have bosts [sic] by the time you reach this expansion's max luck.
Luck is only on certain item slots at this time. Ear, face, neck, shoulder, back, finger, waist, and charm.
You can fuse items with luck. When you do this the luck will change to the greater of the two plus 1 luck, up to the maximum luck for that item. I.E. if you have a luck 2 item and a luck 3 item when you fuse them you will get a luck 4 item. (highest is 3, then +1 = 4)
At this iteration, the items must be the same item.
Crystallized Luck, required for a fuse, is available for loyalty and platinum (the vendors for platinum are the same vendors that sell nobles, the guards near many banks). They will also be available on the marketplace at release.
— Ngreth, EQ Developer